Effective date: August 5, 2014
What Information Do We Collect?
- All information you submit through forms and similar methods in the Services, including your user registration account information, email address, location address, route, trajectory, origin and destination of planned trip, your favorite contacts, your favorite lifestyle, and saved route for arrival time and location based service notifications (collectively, “Personal Information”)
- All user feedback you submit to our user community, the time and date of your report, and the details of the report
- The real-time geographic location (GPS), time, speed and heading of your device. We collect this information while you have our app open or running at background to validate your trip prior to giving out the rewards, and also as an element to our overall traffic data that benefit our entire user community. However, Metropia will not permanently store raw trajectory data
- Integration with social networks: Through the settings of your Metropia account, you may choose to log in using your social network account and/or share information between your Metropia account and your social network account. Through this option, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from social networks, transmitted and shared through the Services. Similarly, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from Metropia, transmitted to and shared through your social network account
- With the location services being enabled in our mobile applications, we collect location data from your device, including latitude, longitude, altitude, speed and heading (collectively, "Location Information")
- With the calendar integration services being enabled in our mobile applications, Metropia may collect events data from your calendar, which includes, without limitation, the time and location of the event (collectively, "Calendar Information")
- Metropia may collect device related information for better service purpose, such as the Operating System (OS), OS version, brand and model, screen size, device ID, browser info, etc. on smartphone and computer devices
- Metropia may access your phone contact list when you use the "On my way" feature to notify your friends about your trip
- Any other data users generated by using the app, such as reserving a route, validating a route, earning reward Points and redeeming for rewards, etc.
- Any other information your app store provider lawfully shares with us.
How We Use the Information?
In Metropia, your privacy matters to us. Our aim for you is to use Metropia smartly and securely. Metropia does not share, sell, lease or rent your personal information you provide to third parties unless absolutely necessary except for the following purposes:
- To enable customization of your user experience when using the Service;
- To enable you to share information (including Location Information) with other users of the Service and on other platforms such as authorized digital loyalty and reward service partner - DualSwipe, and other social networks integration such as Twitter and Facebook;
- To communicate with you and to assist you with any questions you have about the Service;
- To offer you other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- To ease use of our Service by eliminating the need to re-enter information;
- To display content and advertising customized to your interests and preferences; and
- To create higher quality of service.
Except as otherwise indicated, Metropia uses Location Information:
- To provide content relevant to your locations and routes;
- To enable you to store your trip information in our Trips feature; and
- To enable you to share location information with buddies. (“On My Way” feature in Metropia Mobile app)
Authorized Metropia service providers and contractors may have access to your information to facilitate its use consistent with this Policy. Personal Information and Location Information may be used to assist us in the development of new features and services and/or the improvement of our existing Service; To provide best protection to user’s personal information, Metropia will not permanently store the origin and destination data of the users, and the personal information we store does not reveals your true activities from origin to destination. We clip the first and last few segments of trajectory, we fuzzify the daily activity pattern, and we erase daily reservation logs that includes user’s origin and destination.
Metropia may disclose Personal Information and/or Location Information we maintain about you to non-affiliated third parties under the following types of circumstances; to comply with the law, or when we respond to a subpoena or other process, legal order, or official request; as otherwise required by law; to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or, as permitted by applicable law, or violations of the legal terms that govern your use of the Service. In addition, Metropia may transfer Personal Information, Location Information and non-personally identifiable information if Metropia is acquired by or merged with another company in Metropia’s good-faith discretion.
Metropia has implemented security measures to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse and alteration of any information under our control. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Services, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
IP Addresses and Cookies
How to Opt Out
You can opt out of location information services from the settings of your Metropia account, or by uninstalling the Application. At any time you may uninstall the Application by using the Application's uninstall option, or by using the programs removal feature of your operating system. Following the uninstallation process, Metropia will not be able to collect any further location-based information from you, or provide you with location based information about sites, shops and other places and attractions in your immediate vicinity.
Changing, Viewing or Updating Your Information
If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, or request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from an integrated social media service, please contact us via our Contact page at http://www.metropia.com/contact. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make; provided, however, that requests to delete information are subject to our internal reporting and retention policies and all applicable legal obligations.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Services are NOT PERMITTED for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Services at any time or in any manner. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Services, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete that child's personally identifiable information from our systems.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Services. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Services is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Services. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
The Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you have questions about this Policy or about how information we collect is used by Metropia, please visit our Contact page at http://www.metropia.com/contact or mail us at: Metropia Inc., 1790 E. River Road, Suite 140, Tucson, AZ 85718.
METROPIA ® IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF METROPIA ®, INC.